I am proud to announce the release of TrojanHunter 5.0. We’ve worked hard to make this the best TrojanHunter version ever. The scan engine has been substantially enhanced to handle new threats, and LiveUpdate can now upgrade the TrojanHunter program files. In addition, the user interface has been enhanced and there’s now a scheduling option for the scanner and LiveUpdate available within the scanner.
The release also includes the TrojanHunter Command Line Scanner (thcl.exe), that can be used to scan for trojans from the command line, or from batch files. For a full list of new features and changes, see below.
How do I upgrade?
1. Uninstall your current version of TrojanHunter via Control Panel – Add or Remove Programs
2. Download the setup file from the link above
3. Run the setup file, and complete the installation
4. If you are a licensed user, copy the License.tlf file from your old TrojanHunter folder to the TrojanHunter 5.0 folder. Alternatively, use your authorization code to install the license.
TrojanHunter 5.0.950 (2007-09-09)
* Redesigned, polished user interface
* Schedule page allows scheduling of LiveUpdate and TrojanHunter scans
* LiveUpdate is able to perform program upgrades
* Optional automatic cleaning of trojans found during scheduled scans
* During a scheduled scan, TrojanHunter Scanner runs invisibly so as to not get in the user’s way. If trojans are found, however, a message box alert is displayed, and optional automatic cleaning initiated. This happens even if no user is logged in to the computer when the scan is run.
* New file analyzer in engine ensures all files are scanned correctly according to content, no matter what extension they have
* TrojanHunter now scans inside RARSFX archives
* Scanning inside resources embedded in Windows PE executables